Our company is growing! We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Landscape Foreman - Full-time/year-round
Our Landscape Foreman is responsible for installations and the management of projects off-site. The foreman is charged with completing landscape installation jobs of exceptional quality in an efficient manner. The ability to complete assigned tasks in a safe, cost-effective and professional manner consistently within established time frames is a must. Compensation depends on qualifications.
- Direct activities on the job site.
- Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate and coordinate with the designer daily and effectively for accurate completion of installations.
- Train and promote the development of subordinates in accordance with best practices of installation and company standards.
- Monitor all tools, equipment and machinery under your care for needed maintenance.
- Track and record all job expenses and hours worked accurately, zero tolerance.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in reading plans, preparing sites and understanding grades.
- CDL Certificate (preferred, BUT not required). A clean driving record is a MUST!
- Proficient heavy equipment operating skills are a must.
- Extensive knowledge and experience installing various types of hard and softscapes.
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills. You must be able to communicate with your crew and clients effectively and professionally!
- Good time management skills; be available for seasonal long hours5-6 days per week
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background. (i.e. clients, contractors, vendors, other designers)
- Punctual and dependable.
- Snow removal and plowing experience a plus
Landscape Crew Members
Join our team! We are looking for hard-working, reliable crewmembers to install landscapes throughout the Capital District and beyond. Must be willing to work outside 5-6 days per week in all weather conditions.Plant shrubs, trees, groundcover and perennials. Build water features, walls, patios and other hardscapes. Transition to snow removal crew in winter months.
- Ability to do physical work in all climates for 8-10 hours per day and lift 50-75 lbs
- Ability to work in a team of 3 or more
- Must be able to work every day 5-6 days per week
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Landscape work experience and carpentry skills preferred, BUT not required
- Willingness and the ability to do physical work
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job locations
- Must be willing to learn and understand landscape processes
- Dependability is essential to the job!
Ready to Join Our Team?
Please send a cover letter and resume that specifies your past work experience to:
Orsini Landscaping, LLC
2245 1st Ave.
Schenectady, NY 12303
Cities and Surrounding Areas in NY:
- Ballston Lake / Spa
- Clifton Park
- Driveways & Patios Albany, NY
- East / North Greenbush
- Lake George
- Landscape Contractor Schenectady, NY
- Landscape Design Bethlehem, NY
- Saratoga Springs